- Dishtowel approx. 18″ x 28″
- Fat quarter
- Scrap of thin batting or flannel
- One button
- Cut dishtowel in half resulting in two pieces that measure 14″ x 18″.
- Pleat or gather the raw 18″ edge to 6.25″ across. Stitch in place.
- Using template (download project sheet to print), cut two pieces from the fat quarter and one from the batting.
- Lay fabric pieces right sides together and top with the piece of batting. Pin together.
- Stitch around the fabric/batting piece using a quarter inch seam allowance starting at point A (refer to the template) to point B.
- Clip corners, turn right sides out, and press.
- Turn under a 1″ hem along the open bottom and press.
- Insert the pleated or gathered raw edge of the towel 1″ into the open end of the fabric/batting piece and stitch in place with two rows of stitching.
- Center the button on the pointed end of the flap (point C) and mark for a buttonhole. Make buttonhole.
- Fold flap down and mark where to attach the button. Sew the button on.
For a full list of materials and directions.